The FTF will be hosting a round of Open Forums, where conference attendees will have the opportunity to engage in informal, small-group conversations on a wide range of topics.
Topics will be determined two different ways:
- In advance: Pitch your idea to the FTF. We’ll assign a space to those ideas that gain traction.
- At the Conference: There will be signup boards by the registration table. Rooms and tables will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Last year's topics included:
- Retailer VM Forum: Merchandising in Small Spaces
- Fair Trade Campaigns: Linking Advocacy and Business
- Sustainability, Conservation, and Fair Trade
- Best Practices for Working with Cafes
- World Fair Trade Day Activities
- Search Engine Optimization
- Shopify User Group Discussion
Again this year, we’ll provide the space, do our best to promote the chosen topics, and then help attendees find their chosen conversation! We expect these Open Forums to be meaningful, engaging, and lively.
Each topic will require a facilitator for the conversation, and we recommend using the following guidelines used by the FTF for this very purpose.
Open Forum Guidelines:
- Share the air
- Honor time
- Assume positive intent
- Listen to understand
- Keep your contributions crisp and fresh
- Speak for ourselves
The Open Forums will take place Thursday, March 29 from 2:30pm - 3:45pm.